Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Day After Christmas

In case you haven't realized it yet, Christmas has come and gone. I enjoyed the mayhem, the last minute gifts, the midnight gift wrapping and of course eating waaaay too many goodies.

"Jesus is the reason for the season" is a quote I read at candlelight service that I have seen a few times before. Jesus is the reason for the season. If you read that outloud a few times over I believe your voice will get quieter but more sure of itself as you do. I believe in this quote.

For the children, it's all about Santa. For the adults, it's also about pleasing the ones around us and seeing the smiles on the little ones faces. But undoubtably, Jesus doesn't leave our hearts even in the hustle and bustle of the holiday.

I am very fortunate to have a teenager that is not "label hungry", to have a toddler who awes at wooden planes and a mother in law who makes awesome cookies who also happens to have a significant other who makes even more awesome carrot cake. I am fortunate to have a husband who puts up with my ranting about the things that need to be cleaned and put in order before company comes.

I am thankful for so many simple things. My dog who lets my toddler put his finger in his nose, snow for Christmas and good friends. I hope you and your family had a blessed holiday and find many things to be thankful for this year.

Peace and Happiness,
Tera

PS I am thankful to have found the time to finish a pearl necklace I started last week. If the light is right tomorrow, I can photo it and post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment