Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wandering Creations

I am wondering just how many artists begin with a clear picture of what their ending peice will actually look like. I often find myself beginning something and thinking that it will be a bracelet when in fact when I am done it has transformed into a necklace. Something about the creation process is fulfilling even if you don't end up with what you thought you originally would.

Currently, I am working on a woven peice that was to be a bracelet that then was going to be a small pouch and now is almost a completed necklace. I am not sure if anything what this says about me. Except I can "go with the flow" and I am spontaneous. When the necklace is complete I will post pictures here for you to see. It is still a work in progress and I imagine it will take a few more days to finish. This is mostly due to the path I will take to get to the "end" and a little to do with the time it actually takes to weave.

A simple woven bracelet can take 2 hours to complete while more intricate patterns can take 6 to 9 hours. If your ever in my neck of the woods, possibly we can sit down together and start a project.....

No comments:

Post a Comment